A little extra money in your pocket never hurts. But sometimes it’s tricky to figure out ways to make money on the side. If you’re looking for a new gig to pad your pockets, consider these 10 ways to make extra money. From traditional options to the newest lucrative ideas, these options are commonly used and proven methods to earn some money on the side.
10 Ways to Make Extra Money
- Air BnB. Rent out a space in your house for travelers. You will learn about a culture and earn money at the same time.
- Babysitting. It’s not just for teens! Adults can earn good money babysitting, as long as you don’t mind changing diapers.
- Freelance Writing. Find your own clients or use an online freelance service.
- Photography. If you have a knack for art, try taking pictures of families or school sports teams. This one takes a while to build up repertoire and skill set but it could turn into a very lucrative side business.
- Sell your closet online. With a service like Poshmark you can sell your brand-name clothes to people across the country.
- Sell your stuff offline. Have a garage sale or find a private buyer.
- Be an Uber driver. Just make sure you have a real license and a semi-nice car. Oh, you’ll also need a high tolerance for drunk college students.
- Do the dirty work. Shovel snow, rake leaves, mow lawns–whatever is in season.
- Coach. A high school coach doesn’t get paid much but it’s a great way to relive your glory days.
- Care for an elderly person. Care.com can connect you with a needy person in your area.
Making more money doesn’t always mean working overtime at your job. There are lots of other options out there to earn a bit of extra cash. Start something small and see if you like it. That little bit of money can go a long way towards paying off your debts or saving for a vacation. Plus if you discover you have a knack for a side hustle like photography, you might be able to turn it into a full-time gig. You’ll never know until you get out there and try!